Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30, 2013

I am sorry that I really don't have anything to report on this week about the work. It has been going really well and we are preparing for the end of the transfer. There are many things that have been learned and acquired and there are blessings to be seen in our lives and in the lives of those that we are teaching. I continue to learn daily about the power of the Atonement and the gospel in my life and in the lives that I have been entrusted to care after. And I learn daily about the reality of this plan which our Father has so kindly given to us. I know that as we truly come to understand the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and the blessings that He desires to give to us, we understand more of what we are to fulfill in this life. He loves us. He knows us. And he wants us to be happy. But we must listen to Him and heed His counsel. I know that we may not be perfect now....but that is why the Lord gave us His Son--Jesus Christ. I know that as we come to understand the purpose of the life of Jesus Christ, we will come to feel the glory of the Lord in our lives. I know that we can overcome the sins and transgressions that we have in our life, because of the enabling and redeeming power of the sacrifice we call the Atonement. I have found that this is our power against the temptations we face daily and the energy to endure through struggles our Heavenly Father desires us to face. We may find the times dark, gloomy and unbearable...but there are reasons and truths to be learned in order to help us to come to a better knowledge and understanding of what the Lord said, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it;and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake shall find it" (Matthew 16:25) I am finding that we must lose our life...every part of it to gain what really matters the most. That means that we give every part of ourselves that is contrary to the ways of the Lord...and we rely on the Lord to transform us into who we really are. This is all possible through the gospel of Jesus Christ. This I know to be true and I love to search for it and apply it in this time entrusted to us...and this I hope to leave with you to ponder. I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment