Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16, 2013

Hello,
This week was a really busy week. We had a lot of meetings--Mission Tour, Exchanges and sisters visiting. It was a eventful week with learning about the gospel, our role as missionaries and how to teach the gospel to others. I had exchanges with Sister Ianuzi on Tuesday, which was a really great learning experience. I was really grateful to have the chance to work with her. And I learned a lot from her efforts as a new missionary. We had the Sisters from Catanduanes come and visit us, because of events that were taking place in the mission. It was a great break (and stress also) to have four sisters in one apartment. We learned a lot from one another and learned about the importance of the gospel. One of the Sisters, Sister Fausto, is from Zamboanga. Her family is in the an area that is under war...all people are under red alert. I hope that you will keep that people of Zamboanga in your prayers. She shared with me about the situations that are presently there and it was a very different perspective of life, but that is the reality that she has lived with. I was greatly touched by here example and the love she has for the mission. We both served in the same area in Sorsogon....so we shared a lot of stories about the members there :) We had a wonderful opportunity to go to Legazpi and learn from our Area President, Elder Nielson. We learned a lot about our responsibilities of the missionary and the role of the gospel in our work. We talked about the power of the Atonement in our work...it all came from a talk by David a Bednar-- In the Strength of the Lord. It is a really great talk and I encourage you to read it :) We learned about companionship...which was a great review and has provided some fruit in our companionship. We were also told that President Guanzon and Elder Nielson would select four missionaries to interview. Guess who got interviewed....yup...Sister Pace. It was a really great experience and I felt that I learned a lot from it. Our whole week was ended with some really great lessons and experiences. I felt that the Lord was really using us as instruments in His work. We had one investigator that had prayed that we would visit her...and when we went to teach her, it was exactly what she was waiting for. I am so very grateful for the opportunity to see the hand of the Lord in my life and in the lives of others.  I know that the Lord loves each of us and desires for each of us to receive of the blessings of the gospel...we must be willing to turn to Him and listen. And as we humbly go before Him, we shall see His face.
 
---Sister Pace---
Philippines Legazpi Mission
 
 
missionaries from the zone traveling in a jeepne

Sis. Pace & Elder Brent H. Nielson
 
HERE IS THE EMAIL THAT WAS SENT TO MY PARENTS FROM ELDER NIELSON: 
 In the subject line: I met your daughter!
 
Dear Mom and Dad,

Last week my wife Marcia and I were touring the Legazpi Mission.  We had the great fortune of meeting your daughter, Alexa.  She is outstanding in every way.

I had the opportunity to meet with her personally.  While she misses her home in New Mexico, she is dedicated to the work.  We are very fortunate to have her serving with us in the Philippines.  Thank you for sending and supporting her.

If there is anything I can do to help you or your family while she is serving with us, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely yours

Elder Brent H. Nielson
Philippines Area President
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment