Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 2, 2013

This week was a really fast week. There was a lot of learning on parts of companions and hopefully we are on our way to improving our relationship. I took the challenge this week to really sit down and write how I have seen the hand of the Lord in my life and in the lives of others...it has been a really fun process and a great time to ponder on the love and miracles that the Lord blesses us with. We had interviews with the President on Thursday and after our interviews we went to centro. There was a gentleman that we saw and said "hi" to, but we didn't think much about it until we were walking to one of our areas and saw him again. We had a small conversation with him, and then he was off. As we were walking to one of our appointments, we saw him standing outside a house...because it was the third time we had seen him, we stopped and talked with him. This was the most powerful testimonies to me about the work of the Lord. Because as we were talking with him, he shared with us, His experiences and his dreams that he had. He said that he had had a dream of the Savior, pure white and glorious....and when he went to look at his face, he woke up. He said he wanted to see that again. I don't blame him....I would love to see that. But he was talking about his life and how he had all the material things any man could ever want....but he wasn't happy. We shared with him a short message and told him that we had a way for him to see the Savior again and to be happy in this life. I hope that this next week we will be able to see him again. We also had an experience with one of our investigators....she has been investigating for a long time. Her mother and father are less active and her and her two sisters are investigators. They have had many baptismal dates, but they have always fallen through. But when we went to her this week, she said that she wanted to be baptized and she set her own date, for September 28th. The Lord works in mysterious ways. But I know that He is mindful of each of us. I have seen His help in my life so much this week as I have been striving to overcome and become more like Him, I know that He hears and answers prayers as I seek for His guidance and understanding in my daily actions. I have come t see the role of the Atonement more fully in my life and the power it has to transform people into saints. I hope to be able to continue to see the hand of the Lord in my life and in the lives of others.


---Sister Pace---
Philippines Legazpi Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment