Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

Ay Naku! The weeks are just going faster than I ever thought. We started the week on a really good note with our less actives...and received note that I needed to report to Manila in order to prepare to depart. So it was a few days filled with anticipation to go to Manila and rescheduling our appointments. We had a wonderful exchange with the two sisters in our apartment and I love working with others, because you get to learn about them and their needs. And then you can take the gospel to them and help them improve their lives. We headed to Manila and spent a good amount of the morning in the airport and the immigration office. It was a different sight to see than being out in the field...but it was interesting to see so many different people in one place. And as we finished (four missionaries) we got in the van to travel another 2 hours to get to the temple. It was a long ride, but it was a really great experience. I love the temple and I miss being able to go often. There was so much that I learned and reminisced about while I was there. I know that the temple does bless and strengthen individuals, but most importantly it binds families together forever.  I am excited to have the chance to go again before I will go home. When we came home we had the opportunity to join in a group discussion with our mission president and then enjoy interviews with him. I love working in the mission and learning about the principles that apply to our lives here in the mission and also in the life that we have outside.   But the greatest part of the entire week was going out and working with the people. Sharing the gospel and helping them see the blessings that it can bring to their lives. We have one investigator that we only get to teach once a week and she is just soaking in everything that we are sharing with her....but she said that she had read the pamphlet again about the plan of salvation....and with a large smile on her face she said..."I understand it better now...and I want to go to the Celestial Kingdom, with my family..." It was a pluck in the heart strings. I love my work...and I love that I have a priceless gift that I can share with other people...only if they give me time to share with them. But to have several experiences like this in one week....it just makes you love it all....despite any rejection that you may receive. And then to end the week with General Conference, just made everything so great. I learned so much and I was so happy to see the blessings and revelations that the Lord is pouring out upon His children. I learned so much about the peace and guidance that the gospel can bring to the lives of many. I know that this church--The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints-- is the true church on earth and there is nothing that can cause it to falter. I know that the Lord has called, set apart and ordained President Thomas S. Monson as the prophet, seer and revelator for the Church. I would never trade anything for my membership in this church, for it holds a priceless gift, beyond the wealth of any man.

--
Sister Pace
Philippines Legazpi Mission

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment