Sunday, February 16, 2014

February 17, 2014

Kumusta!
This transfer has started out new. I have a new companion...Sister Lang. She is from California. And we are really excited to work together this transfer.

Our week was filled with going to appointments the entire day....I almost thought that I killed my companion, because she was so worn out. But she is still adjusting from living the island life. We had a a wonderful baptism on Saturday for Romalyn and Mark. They are such strong spirits and I am so very grateful for their examples to me :)

I hope that everyone had a great Valentine's Day...here the work was the same...but wow! there were a lot of lonely men out. We had some really great experiences of men following us around and little boys chasing after us with roses...hahaha....you've got to feel the love ;P 

But throughout this week I have learned a great deal about the gospel and the power that it has in our lives. I have been studying a lot about self mastery and how to accomplish things through the Lord and His Atonement. I know that there are greater things that the Lord has in store for us...if only we could see our potential. I know that the Lord is there to help refine us, only if we are willing to. Matthew 16:24-26...

"Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it. and this is virtue, uprightness,faithfulness, and holiness and keeping all the commandments of God." Joseph Smith

I was really grateful that on Sunday I had the opportunity to see the members from Tabaco. A group of them came to visit and it was a sweet reunion. It was awesome to see one of the long time investigators become members after 2 years of attending church faithfully. And to see others become temple recommend holders. I am so grateful for the gospel and the opportunity to serve here in the vineyard of the Lord.

Sister Pace
Philippines Legazpi Mission
Alma 42: 31
 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment