Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014

Hello,
This week was really great. There were a lot of opportunities to learn from others and find ways to strengthen those that are entrusted to our care. We shared a wonderful Family Home Evening about Christlike Attributes, with members and our investigator. it was really touching to see the members come together to help our investigator come to feel of the love and joy in the gospel. And the best part of teaching lessons is when you learn at the same time. I loved teaching the members about obtaining these Christ-like attributes, in order to become more like our Savior and to find the peace and joy in our lives. True joy is not an easy thing to obtain in this life, but I have loved how I have found the support of the Lord through my study of the scriptures: 

 24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Matthew 16:24-26
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you crest.
 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

I am so grateful to know that the Lord will help me along the way to become better and better each day...not through my own efforts or desire, but through the love and knowledge of my Heavenly Father.

I have had the wonderful opportunity to see the hand of the Lord in my life as I try to do the things which I have set my life apart for...His work and His glory. We have had some great times to share with other Sisters about the work and I am loving the trust that the Lord has given me to bless them and learn from them. I have also learned so much about the plan of our loving Heavenly Father...THE GREAT PLAN OF HAPPINESS. I have learned so much about what the Lord hopes for us...and how much HOPE we should have in Him and His plan. We work in hope, faith and charity for all things in this life (Moroni 7-40-48)...and what a blessing it is to see the Lord working through us. So to a new year and a dedication to remember the Lord in all things...here I go...another day...another week and another start to seeing the power of the Lord in my life. Because I know that He is always there for us....he is always loving and kind...and he will forever and always be our Father, to watch, guide and protect us, in this mortal life. How grateful I am to know these things!

Sister Pace
Philippines Legazpi Mission
Alma 42: 31

No comments:

Post a Comment