Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013

Hello po!

Well...what a week! A week filled with ups and downs. We had a great opportunity to go into our area and explore places we hadn't been yet and talk to the people. We did a lot of "open your mouth"....that has been an interesting experience, especially with two foreigners and only one being able to talk well enough to communicate. What a great week for learning about our purpose as missionaries and how to be humble and relying on the Lord.  This week was a lot of lessons of learning to stand for the right and be true to what you have been entrusted with. The week has been great to see the Lord's hand in the work. I know that He cares and loves each of us...despite what we have done. He desires for all to return back to Him, to be worthy to receive all that He has. It is a long, hard process....but the blessings in the end are all so worth it. 

I learned a great lesson about "the worth of souls is great in the sight of the Lord" (D&C 18:10). Just like any human being, I am not perfect, but as a missionary I have higher responsibilities, especially with the work that I am doing, to harvest the souls of men. I realized more that I cannot just do the work, because it is the numbers that we have written down in our planner. It is putting names to the numbers, faces with the names and having a love for them. I cannot just go mindlessly into the work, without thinking about the love that our Heavenly Father has for each person. I am merely a human being, but I can try to be an instrument in His hands. It is going to take a lot of refining, but I know that with time the sanctification will come and I will be able to bring the souls of God's children unto Him. The mission has been a great learning ground for learning what the Lord would have me to become. I know that there are people that the Lord is preparing for me. I may not be ready, but I know that as I try my hardest to talk with people and try to bring them unto Him....I will be strengthened through the Lord. I know that this gospel is true. I know that we are Sons and Daughters of our Heavenly Father. I know that through the Book of Mormon, there is a fullness of the gospel, that will enable us to find our way back to the presence of our Loving Father I know that through our efforts to become better every day and fulfill our responsibilities as members, we will find a great understanding and knowledge of our purpose here on earth. There is no great work here on earth, than this one now. I know that Jesus Christ lives today and that He directs and guides His church through the living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and His apostles. I love this work and I am so grateful for the trust of the Lord.
---Sister Pace---
Philippines Legazpi Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment