Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013

My companion and I had a really great week! It was filled with appointments and opportunities to talk to as many people as possible. It was a little tiring, but that is missionary work. It is great when you can sleep through the whole night....unless you get leg cramps all the time.

Here are some pictures...I am sorry that I haven't gotten any to you last time....it depends on where we go for internet. But I will try to get more to you.(#1 is the Mayon from one of our areas called Mariroc, #2 is a picture of two of my companions--Sister Andrada is in pink and Sister De Leon is in purple, #3 is a picture of part of our room, where we study) As for a padjack....it is driven by a driver and we ride in the side cart. I will try to take a picture of it, so you understand what I mean. It is like the one that was at the restaurant that we went to in Albuqurque. Our area is beautiful. We are very close to the Mayon. It is the volcano that has started to smoke recently...so the area is very green and full of fruits and vegetables. I will send more pictures next week of the area and apartment. The apartment is okay. We have issues with ants...even after using the Permitox...they are chewing holes in all my clothes. So we are trying to find a way to fix that problem. The apartment is good. I can't say that it is any "higher" in status as compared to other apartments, because it is slightly far from central. But it works out and we find ways to get through everything. We are trying to figure out how to do laundry at our apartment, because the area is just not large enough for us to do our laundry or have a place to dry our clothes. But it works out :)
We will be meeting the new mission president for the Legaspi mission on July 4-5. It will be very exciting! We do not have a new mailing address yet, but I will get that to you ASAP.
This week was filled with a lot of appointments of following up on previous commitments, teaching about the principles of the gospel, testifying, promising blessings and committing our investigators and less actives to act in faith upon the things that we have taught them. It was really a special feeling to feel the power of the Holy Ghost as we taught these people the way unto repentance and the peace that can be had in their lives. But people still have their agency to chose what to follow...and so we are back to where we started. Missionary work is not walk in the park...it is a lot of work to try to help people to understand the importance of their salvation. We had many wonderful opportunities to find new investigators and share with them and help them to feel the joy and peace the gospel can bring to them. I am really excited about the area. I am still trying to learn the roads and how to get around, but it will come with time :) And the people are really great here and there is much promise among the people. How great and glorious is the work of the Lord.
I hope that you all have a great week and I will talk to you again next week! Happy Father's Day dad!!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment