Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 25, 2013

Pamilya ko,
I have attached a picture of my companion and I. I am sorry that I don't have many pictures...it is hard to take pictures all the time....but I take them when I can :) Our companionship is going well. This week was a challenge. We are still working to find more investigators and build up the branch. We are having a difficulty with the LAs, but hope to be of help to them, by increasing their faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I am seeing so much more that there really is no reliance on "our" timetable...only the Lord's can determine the placing of blessings and experiences, etc.
 
This week was a lot of traveling back and forth between places...I wish I could draw a map for you, so you could see what the area looks like...it is beautiful...we can see the great Mayon (the famous volcano here) from our house. There were lots of appointments with LAs...so many of them have stopped wearing their garments...it is sad to hear and some are preventable. But I have really seen how the adversary starts to plant sour seeds in the hearts of the children of men. And if we are not careful enough, we can nurture it. I am saddened by the stories of some of the LAs and the reasons they give, for not being faithful. The harder part is trying to show them their part in the plan of salvation and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. But we had a few appointments with potential investigators...we are hoping to help them feel the power of the gospel. and hopefully we can find more this week.

I will try to take more pictures...it is a city, just like Sorsogon. I traveled by bus and jeepney and tricycle in order to get to my apartment. It was a long travel :P but we travel by tricycle everywhere. The area is not to far in some areas, but more far in other. The area here is more developed...there are not so many houses out here that are just bamboo siding. Come April there will be more American sisters...there are lots of American elders, but coming in April is a large batch of Americans. I will not be too outnumbered...but you should see the people here when they see an American...especially an American female. It is so weird to them...and so funny to me. Even funnier when I start to talk to them in Tagalog :P

I hope you all have a great week...marami salamat sa inyong pagmamahal and patnubay!

Mahal na mahal kita!

Sister Pace
 
Sis. Pace & Sis. Pal
 


No comments:

Post a Comment