Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 18, 2013

So...the moment you have been waiting for... Sister Pace has been transferred to....

IRIGA 1B

The area is four hours north of where I was in Sorsogon. So it was a fun trip from one place to another. But Iriga is definitely beautiful in all senses. Iriga use to be one set of sister missionaries, but now there are four of us...so my companion and I have the new part (as you can probably take from the 'B'). My companion is Sister Pal from Tarlac, Philippines. She is 21 years old and has been out for a transfer longer than me...but she is in my batch to leave in May 2014. She is really great...sweet in every aspect and really quirky too ;) It has been a lot of fun working with her :) She has been in the area since she arrived in the mission...in November. She is a pro-tracter and a loving missionary to all the people. I am so grateful to have her as a companion and so blessed to have her as my senior companion :)

This last week was really tough...one because of transfers, but two...because it is a new area, it is to square one--less actives and tracting. Everyday we spend a good amount of time tracting to find new investigators. There are so many less actives in this area...well...most of the less actives in our branch are in our area (1B). But I am starting to figure that there is a reason to why the Lord has Sister Pal and I in this area...we may not know why right now, but we will come to know sooner or later. I never thought that I would go from an area where we could easily find investigators and work to bring more members to our Savior...but it is really tough here. Most people are deep Catholic and it becomes hard to share what we believe with them, because they don't want to hear it. But I am trying my hardest to remeber that I have a purpose here and I know that as I try my hardest to be a righteous disciple, the Lord will bless me and help me to bless and help the people here. Since being here, there is a lot to be learned. I am learning to rely on my Lord and to turn to Him and submit myself to His will...I am not perfect at it yet...I know that through the power of His Atonement, all is possible.
The members in this branch are really great and so full of love. Iriga is so beautiful...I think it is more beautiful than Sorsogon...I attached a picture of the scenery outside our front door. And I will take more pictures sa inyo.I really enjoy it because it is so quiet where we live. The scenery is so different from Sorsogon...the houses are all so beautiful and large...it seems to be more established...I have not seen any "shacks" as houses in this area. The people are a lot easier to understand too...not so far south, so the Bicol is not as deep...but they still have their own dialect. But they all speak some Tagalog and I can understand them for the most part...the hard part now is that they all speak so fast! But it will all work out.
Thank you so much for your emails and I am happy to have had the chance to email you this week!!!
Love you all so much!!!! Mahal na mahal po kita!!!!
Ingat po palagi,
Sister Pace
 
converts from Sorsogon

Iriga
 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation to you Sister Pace for your new journey in life continue serving and loving others.

    God Bless!

    family care foundation (fcf)

    ReplyDelete