Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 11, 2013

There was a lot going on this week....it felt long, but it went by so fast. We had a family home evening with a less active family, Labasbas. They are really great and there is a spirit within their family that just makes your feel so happy and joyful in their presence. Many of our appointments throughout the week fell through, but we tried our best to continue forward in faith. We had a community service project (CSP) for one of our recent converts, Antonio. We went out to a house that has be "rented" to him, in order to be able to live. He had been rejected out of his family's house in another part of Sorsogon. So we went out to help harvest rice and clean up the area for him. It was great to see the branch member come together and help. We even had an investigator (who was baptized this saturday) come out and help us harvest and clean up the area. We had our typical visits to our less actives in one town...and things have just turned for the worst. It is so disheartening to hear the stories...because I am to the point that I don't know how to help them or know what to say. I hope that they start to remember their Lord, so that He can help them. We have a new investigator this week, who is 80 years old. She is a very sweet little old woman. I really enjoyed teaching her and sharing with her the joy of the gospel. I hope that we will be able to continue to share with her the blessings. One of the families we teach is largely less active, but we teach the wife of one of the brothers, who is a recent convert. I have not always felt comfortable teaching them, and so it was really surprising when I went in with a plan to share about faith. I felt so comfortable sharing with them...and I felt that I really learned a lot about faith and the principle of building our faith in God. I really felt the Spirit and I felt that both parties were benefactors of the lesson on faith. We had Zone training on Friday...there was a lot to be learned about teaching pure doctrine. I really learned a lot about what I want to do in order to become a better teacher of the gospel. It has been a struggle because in many cases, there are struggles in beliefs of how to teach, between companions. But maybe both parties learned something... We had another lesson for an investigator, but ended teaching his less active grandmother...she was complaining about the time for church. And that was her reason for attending another church. I didn't understand all that she said, and I don't know if I got my point across to her, or if I know what I said exactly. But I bore my testimony to her about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, being the only true church...the time may not be perfect, but the doctrine is perfect. I felt that it was one of those of moments were you confound the unbelievers...or I offended her. I haven't gotten down the language, so I don't know what she thinks about what I said. We closed the week with a lesson with our most recent convert, Marnil. I can't tell you how much joy I have in this convert. He reminds me so much of myself when we joined the church. You can see the light of the gospel in his eyes and the strength that the Lord has given to him. I have so much pride and joy in this convert...I am going to miss seeing him progress. As for transfers...I will not find out where I am going until tomorrow, during transfers. However...here is the story...My companion and all the other sisters in our apartment were really certain that Sister Carrasca was going to be transferred...enough to the point that she started packing and taking pictures with members, etc. And I was okay with the fact that I was staying...I didn't do anything to prepare for transfers. And then when the announcement came Saturday morning...I saw the excitement and joy of transfers drain out of her. I wouldn't say that she is bitter or upset...just really disappointed. I am going to miss Sorsogon...it has a special place in my heart :) But I know that the Lord has a plan for me. The biggest thing with me being transferred is to prepare me, for April....because I will probably train in April...a native though, because I don't have the language down (unless I get it this next transfer). We will see what the Lord has in store for me. I will tell you next week where I have been placed.
Until then....Mahal na mahal po kita!!!
Ingat po palagi,
Sister Pace

community service project-harvesting rice
 

members of the branch



No comments:

Post a Comment