Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 4, 2012

Flight plans are in and I have got a ticket to the Philippines for Monday, December 10th.
 
Leaving: Salt Lake City Airport    8:25pm
Arriving: Los Angeles     9:28pm
 
Leaving: Los Angeles     12:05am
Arriving: Hong Kong     7:40am
 
Leaving: Hong Kong     9:05am
Arriving: Manila     11:15am
 
It is crazy to think that I am already leaving the MTC, because I feel like I just arrived. But I know that it is time...and it is going to be so great! I am the only one from my district that is flying out that night, but i will be traveling with another District and Zone...so I am deemed to be the travel leader of myself (haha...hopefully I can keep myself in line ;P) From the time that I land in Manila, I will then be taken to an Airport Hotel and stay the night until I travel the next morning. So I should arrive in Naga by December 13...and Mom and Dad...they (The Mission President and His Wife) will email you to let you know if I made it safely to Naga.
From the last couple of days, there has been so much that has been going on, but there is also so much to learn! It has been amazing to see the mercies of the Lord in my life daily and to see Him help me as I strive to learn the language and acquire skills to be His missionary. I know that I am not the best at the language yet, but I had this wonderful insight as I was reciting the first vision of Joseph Smith...there are going to many struggles in striving to understand and speak the language, but this is only in place so that we may be reliant and dependent on the Lord....for these are His children and we are dealing with their salvation. And to know that truth was only what was being sought after when the young boy, Jospeh Smith, went to pray...but to see the result of his concerns bring about the most historical occurence in the world.
Anyways...this week is full of classes and teaching...along with packing and preparing everything to go by Sunday. My companions and I all leave at different times and so we are each trying to help one another get everything done for our travels on Monday. The fun part of all of this is inviting new missionaries in and helping them get settled with the rest of us. It has been amazing seeing how many sisters and elders have been coming in every week...they say that by January they are really suppose to getting a marjority of the 18 year old elders and the 19 year old sisters. Even more exciting is that within 12 weeks of my mission I will be working with other missionaries to train these new sisters and elders when they arrive in the field.
I know that what I learn now will be of use to me, for the rest of my life. That truly is a gift that I could not put a price on. If there is anything I could ask more of you, would be a challenge...I challenge you to seek to bring yourself closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ, through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism (covenants and commitments made to God), receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end....I want you to study it out. For this is your salvation...maybe that sounds a little rash and uncertain with the circumstances that I am in compared to you....but I know that if you seek, and knock...He will answer. Here are some talks I would like you to consider reading...Learning to love learning ( David A. Bednar), Born of God ( Ezra Taft Benson) and The Inconvenient  Messiah (Jeffrey R. Holland). They are all really great and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Love you all and I am excited to write you again from the Philippines!!!
Mahal Kita palagi,
Sister Pace

No comments:

Post a Comment