Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 15, 2013

Pamilya ko,
This week has gone by so fast....and transfer announcements are coming this next weekend. But there have been some really great experiences this last week. We had the opportunity to start an English class in the Iriga Branch. And the teacher is...well...the only fluent English speaker. I am hoping that I am teaching them well and helping them to become confident in their English. I have learned so much from this class so far and I am excited every Tuesday and Thursday to help the members and others to progress in their skills. I have especially felt the blessings through some of the members and I am hoping to continue to be a support and a blessing for them.

We are continuing to strive to find new investigators...the work is difficult. But I feel that the Lord doesn't give it to us easily, because He loves us and wants us to help others....but as we do so, He wants us to learn too. I only wish I could express to you in words what I have learned about this since I have been in Iriga. I am only hoping that I can continue to bless this area and prepare the people to receive the gospel more fully.

I had the opportunity to listen to General Conference at the Branch building on Saturday and Sunday. I didn't get to listen to the whole conference, but from what I have listened to, I have felt the love of my Savior and His guidance in my life. I hope to use and apply and live what I have received through His servants.

I know that the Lord lives and that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is the true church on this earth. I know that the Lord guides and leads His people now as He did through His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that the Lord is hastening His work and has a great work ahead of all members. I hope that you all had a wonderful time learning of the gospel and the blessings that it can bring into our lives.
 
bedroom in Iriga
 
study area
 
stairs to a church in Iriga
 
the view at the top of the stairs
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment