Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February 11, 2013

This week was filled. We had a lot of lessons and many lessons fall through...but the days were filled with service of the Lord. We have many less actives here and we are trying so hard to balance our work out between the less actives, recent converts and finding new investigators. So many things to do and focus on...but sometimes you just have to keep moving and have faith that the Lord will place people in your path. We had a lesson with an LA...he came to church on Sunday and we had the opportunity to teach him on Tuesday. I know that the Spirit was with us as we asked him about his experience. Up to this point, we really had no idea why he had stopped attending church. But after I asked him this inspired question, the flood gates opened and we were able to find out about all his concerns and why he had stopped attending. I know that the Lord was with us as we sought to help him resolve his concerns.

The language is coming along...I wouldn't say that I am anymore fluent than I was before...but I have definitely seen the hand of the Lord in my life as I have turned it all to him. I was studying in Matthew 11:28-30...The Lord tells us to come learn of Him.I was thinking about how I could apply this in my work as a missionary and I thought about the role of Jesus Christ--to fulfill the will of God. He states "wherefore, seek not the things of this world but seek ye first to build up the kingdom of God, and to establish his righteousness; and then all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33) He says that as we do this, all things shall be added unto us--Matthew 10: 7-10. I have seen this as I have sought for the welfare of others and not on whether I say things right. I know that the Lord is mindful of all my needs and concerns. But as I forget these and work to help others in their needs and concerns, I will be empowered from on high. I work every week to speak the language as much as possible and that is only where I can begin.

I tried isaw (chicken intestine) this week...not one of my favorite. In fact...probably one of my least favorite...but maybe it was just this one time...I will try it again later. I also found a favorite fruit...guava. It is sobra masarap! One of our members gives me one about every time we visit...looks like a green orange, and you just eat the entire thing. There is a lot of adjusting still to the culture here...but I am slowly making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment