Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18, 2013

This week was great. There was a lot of work to be done and we did our best to fulfill our purposes. A lot of running from one place to another and diligence to find those that the Lord has prepared for us. We found one individual that has been laden with an illness for a good amount of their life and was told that they only have a certain amount of time to live. As we sat there and shared with them about our purpose as missionaries and as they told us about their beliefs and the role of God in their life, tears started to roll down their face...they told us that they were grateful to have us in their life....we are an answer to their prayers. It was such a tender mercy to see the Lord giving up this opportunity to meet someone who is so prepared to have the gospel preached to them. I am really excited to go visit them tomorrow!!! We also have one of our other investigators getting baptized this week. He is a 21year old college student. Astige siya! I am so excited for him. When we were preparing him for his interview with the Zone Leader, he continued to expand and share with us his testimony of the gospel. We are so excited for him, because you can see God watching over him and helping his life.
We had Zone conference this week about our Area Books and how we can better organize and keep them clean for the next missionaries that follow us. It was a really great insight into the importance of our work. The mission president also announced the arrival of 24 sister missionaries coming in April...he said that most of the sister are going to have to train. So here is the fun part..I don't know if I have to train or not, but the mission president told me that if I do, I will be training a native. I was a little scared about the thought, but I have found that no matter what, the Lord knows me, He knows my strengths and my weaknesses and more importantly He knows my capability. And for the things that I am struggling with, He will qualify me. So I get to prepare for a possibility to train another missionary. So come in three weeks, I will find out if I stay in Sorsogon or transfer to another area.
I have a funny story to go with this weeks update. As you will see I sent a picture of a shoe...my shoe...only one shoe. So we went out to an investigators house, out on the pier. When we enter into houses here, we leave out shoes outside the door. So as we went into the house of our investigator, I left my shoes outside the door. But after our conversation with our investigator, we went to put our shoes on and there was only one of my shoes at the door. The entire household went around the house and around the pier to try to find my shoe...no luck. Whether it was a dog, a kid or one of the residence, I shall never know. It was really kind of funny, because my shoes are muddy and not clean...and the one they took has a hole in the heel...what are they going to do with one shoe?! But I ended having to walk back into the center of town with flip flops on...to buy new shoes. You have to have some excitement in the week...and that was mine :P so now I have to watch my shoes... :P This next week is another busy one...so I am excited :)
Hope you all have a great week and I will talk to you next Monday!!
Sister Pace
p.s. the other picture is a valentine from our recent convert Arjay :)

The lone shoe

 

No comments:

Post a Comment